Beautification Commission Meeting Minutes
May 22, 2013 | Beautification Advisory Commission
Meeting AGENDA – Tuesday, May 21, 2013
1. Call to Order
Review minutes from last meeting
2. Chairman Report
• Spring Planting
• 2013 Beautification Awards dates
• Picnic with Communications Committee
• Picnic Pot luck/sign-up
• Review the burn at the accretion and the overall phragmites removal plan
• Lev has Columbine to give away
3. Committee Reports
• Discuss with Anne Burke her signage ideas for award winners
• Possible proposed new member who came to us through our new members appeal last month.
• Spring Bed Walkthrough report
4. City Report
5. New Business
6. Old Business
Present: Lev Wood, Kendra Bickford, Alec Buchanan, Elizabeth Cleland, Claudine Fets, Lynn Gross, Andy Llewellyn
Also Present: Monica Irelan, Assistant City Manager
Chairman Wood presided at the Meeting which started at 7:03 pm.
The Minutes of April 16, 2013 were approved as submitted.
The Chairman (Lev) started by congratulating Alec Buchanan on being reappointed to the committee.
He also welcomed Motria Fedirko of 76 Kerby Road. She is a potential new member of the committee.
• Spring Planting- assignments were reviewed and readjusted
• The committee reviewed and discussed suggestions outlined by Alec.
• 2013 Beautification Awards Dates
o July 15- Turn in nomination forms to Monica at City Hall
o July 16- Awards Committee Meeting 7 pm Pier Park
o July 29- Awards Committee Meeting 7 pm Pier Park
o September 11- Beautification Committee Meeting 7 pm City Hall
o October 14, 2013 at 6:00 pm will be the awards banquet (prior to council meeting)at City Hall
• Picnic Pot Luck
o The Committee approved the idea of joint potluck with Communication Committee
o June 18 at 6:30 pm- send e-vites with signup sheet
• Lev discussed the accretion removal and replanting plan
• Lev shared photo of Columbine that he is willing to give away to anyone who is interested
COMMITTEE REPORTS – TREE COMMITTEE
Anne Burke and Claudine Fets discussed their plan and design of beautification award winner signs. Anne has gotten prices. Anne and Claudine are going to clean up the design sketches and bring them to the potluck on June 18. The plan is to take the design to the DPW sign shop and see if the workers can create a comparable sign for no/less money.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
THE NEXT BEAUTIFICATION MEETING WILL BE A POTLUCK AT PIER PARK ON JUNE 18 AT 6:30 PM.
Submitted by: Monica Irelan, May 22, 2013