Beautification Commission Meeting Minutes
October 16, 2012 | Beautification Advisory Commission
Present on Roll Call: Karen Shea, Alec Buchanan, Anne Burke, Elizabeth Cleland, Claudine Fets, Lynn Gross, Andy Llewellyn, Randy Sanocki.
Also Present: Shane L. Reeside, City Manager; Councilman Lev Wood; Pamela J. Baker, Exec. Assistant/Deputy City Clerk.
Chairman Shea presided at the Meeting.
There were no Minutes for September 18, 2012.
The following introduction and announcements were made:
• It was the consensus of the Beautification Commission to hold the Awards Ceremony on Monday, November 19th at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers prior to the Regular Meeting of the Council.
• Nomination List given to Pam for verification and to send Invitation Letters to each winner.
• It was the consensus of the Commission to distribute the smaller Pewabic City Tile, placed inside a frame, to each winner.
• Monica Irelan will set up the Power Point for the ceremony.
• Claudine made up a drawing for table placements at city hall for the Awards Ceremony.
• City will check with Jim Farquhar to borrow a few plants for the ceremony.
• Reception Sign-up Sheet was passed around, and members will donate the following:
1. Randy Sanocki – One gallon apple cider w/pitcher.
2. Shane Reeside – Half gallon lemonade w/pitcher.
3. Claudine Fets – Small wrapped candies in a bowl.
4. Karen Shea – Dessert cut into serving size pieces on a plate/plastic forks.
5. Andy Llewellyn – Dessert cut into service size pieces on a plate.
6. Kendra Bickford – Hors d’Oeuvre on a plate.
7. Elizabeth Cleland – Hors d’Oeuvre on a plate.
8. Lev Wood - Platter of fruit, cheese, crackers & nuts on a plate.
9. Lynn Gross – 2 6’ table cloths, napkins, small dessert plates w/fall theme/25-30 people.
10. City – Provides Coffee, Tea, sugar, creamer, cups.
DPW LUNCHEON – ANDY LLEWELLYN
Andy reported that the Annual DPW Luncheon was, once again, a great success and thanked Claudine, Kendra, Lynn, Susan and especially Lev Wood who arranged a tour of the Pump Station. It was a great tour and very educational.
Andy also mentioned that if anyone should see street signs in need of repair to let him know so that he will bring it to the attention of the administration and public safety.
TREE COMMITTEE – CLAUDINE FETS
Claudine had nothing to report at this time.
CITY REPORT – SHANE REESIDE
Shane reported that the City Council voted to hold a Special Election on February 26, 2013 for the purpose of electing a councilperson to fill the term left vacant by Mayor Pro-Tem Joseph T. Leonard, whose term is to expire November 2015.
Shane also advised that Leaf Collection has started.
Councilman Wood brought the Commission up to date on the accretion on Lake Shore. The city hired a consultant to spray the invasive fragmites which they did last week. In the spring the city will do a control burn.
The Meeting was adjourned at 7:45 p.m.
THE BEAUTIFICATION AWARDS CEREMONY WILL BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 19, 2012 @ 6:300 P.M. @ AT CITY HALL IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS.
Pamela J. Baker
Executive Assistant/Deputy City Clerk