Beautification Advisory Commission

« Return to Minutes

Beautification Committee Meeting Minutes
March 19, 2013 | Beautification Advisory Commission

Present: Lev Wood, Andy Llewellyn, Claudine Fets, Anne Burke, Alec Buchanan, Susan Tait, Kendra Bickford.
Also Present: Shane Reeside, City Manager; Tee and Linda Pobocik-Insisiengmay (guests).

Chairman Wood presided at the meeting which was called to order at 7:05.

1. Minutes

Minutes of the February 11, 2013 meeting were emailed to members a week prior to the meeting. Brief discussion and no changes were made.

2. Chairman Report

• Proposed New Members – A discussion ensued regarding the Chairman’s plan to seek new members. We have a short letter that will be sent to winners of Beautification Awards from the past 2-3 years. In the letter will be a one-page new member form to be completed and returned to Pam Baker at City Hall. Our goal is to add 4-5 new members in 2013.
• 2013 Job Descriptions/Sign-ups – Committee members present were asked to sign up for various jobs for 2013. Lev will get a clean copy from Shane and complete the form and then email the form to everyone for editing. The list of jobs will be finalized at the April meeting.
• Set Spring Walkthrough Date – It was agreed that once we have our list of jobs finalized we would set a walkthrough date at the April meeting.
• Discuss Spring Planting Beds – In April we need to decide on species, quantities and colors. Alec will bring a web resource to that meeting showing various species of annuals.

3. Committee Reports

Claudine Fets discussed on-going efforts of the Tree committee. Alec and Claudine make up this committee now. Data gathering is continuing. Mapping is being done in the city GIS program which has been off-line recently. Wood discussed the idea of an additional GIS layer of “monument” or “exceptional” trees. This is a work in progress.

 

 

4. City Report

Shane discussed several items.

• We have a new City Council member, Joe Ricci.
• The city is in the middle of implementing a city-wide LED overhead streetlight conversion program.
• An improved dog park is being planned at the corner of Mack and Moross. The Farms Foundation is helping us finance this new development. Shane will have preliminary plans at the April meeting.
• Shane showed us a draft of a new city-wide holiday lighting plan. Many comments. He will update the draft plan and come back to us at a future meeting to finalize.

5. New Business

Anne Burke wanted to show the committee her ideas for signage for future Beatification award winners. She deferred this discussion until the April meeting.

6. Next Meeting

Our next meeting will be April 16 at 7:00 at City Hall.

7. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 9:05

« Return to Minutes