City of Grosse Pointe Farms

Ownership Changes

Name & Mailing Address Changes
For the following changes, should be submitted through the Assessing Office:

  • Add or remove a name from your tax bill or assessment notice
  • Change a mailing address for your tax bill or assessment notice
The change is for property tax purposes only and requires the property owner to fill out and sign a simple form. 

You will be asked to provide documentation in the form of a legal instrument (deed, land contract, etc.) and/or provide some form of personal identification.

Click here to download the form.

Changes Due to Property Transfers
Other ownership changes due to a property sale or transfer are recorded through the filing of a Transfer Affidavit.  The following Michigan Property Transfer Affidavit form is available online at the State of Michigan Department of Treasury website.

This form must be filed whenever real estate or some types of personal property are transferred (even if you are not recording a deed). It is used by the assessor to ensure the property is assessed properly and receives the correct taxable value. It must be filed by the new owner with the assessor for the city or township where the property is located within 45 days of the transfer. If it is not filed timely, a penalty of $5 per day (maximum $200) applies. The information on this form is not confidential.

View and print the Transfer Affidavit Form online.