- The City of Grosse Pointe Farms will only pick up debris generated by the homeowner. Contractors hired by the homeowner must haul away their own debris.
- Motor Oil: May be brought to the Public Works Yard located at Chalfonte and Kerby, during working hours (7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.). DO NOT PLACE WITH REGULAR RUBBISH.
- Bricks, Broken Concrete Blocks, Dirt And Sod: If taken out by the homeowner, the City will pick up one cubic yard per week. That is a pile that is 3 feet x 3 feet x 3 feet. PLACE IN DRIVEWAY APPROACH.
- Limbs, Brush, Tree Trimmings, Etc.: Should be placed BETWEEN THE CURB AND SIDEWALK for pickup. The pile should not exceed 4 feet in length. Logs must not exceed 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length. Brush must be tied in bundles that can be lifted by one person.
- Paint in Cans: If there is still liquid paint in the can please put cat litter in the liquid and let it dry out. Then the dried paint can may be placed at the curb on your regular rubbish day. To reiterate, paint must be dried by adding cat litter prior to attempting disposal.
- Special Collection: Rubbish and debris accumulated when a resident moves: If a special pickup is required, a 24-hour notice is necessary. MATERIALS MUST BE PLACED IN AN APPROVED CONTAINER OR TRASH BAG AND PLACED BETWEEN THE SIDEWALK AND THE CURB. NO LOOSE MATERIAL WILL BE COLLECTED. A SPECIAL PICK UP FEE MAY APPLY.
- Fencing Chain-link And Woven-wire: Metal top rails must not exceed 4 feet in length. Metal fencing must be rolled into bundles and tied. Concrete footings must be removed from posts. Any wood must be separated from metal fencing material for collection.
Stockade Or Rustic Fencing: Must be disassembled to facilitate handling. Collection is limited to three 8-foot long sections per week. Concrete footings must be removed from wooden posts. PLACE BETWEEN SIDEWALK AND CURB for pickup. ALL NAILS AND SCREWS MUST BE REMOVED OR BENT OVER
Carpeting: Should be cut into 4-foot rolls, not to exceed 50 pounds. PLACE BETWEEN SIDEWALK AND CURB.
Batteries From Boats And Cars: Should be set aside from regular rubbish and taken to the Public Works Yard during working hours (7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
Items Not Accepted: Gasoline; remodeling and construction debris (such as tile, drywall, plaster, roofing material, etc.); tires; antifreeze and propane tanks